The PTA of the college provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of children the teaching staff and the management work together for the best possible education of every child in the college.
The objectives of the Parent Teacher Association :
• To promote a positive view of parents through liaison with the Parent Representatives on the Board of Management
• To develop partnership between the College bodies
• To inform parents of current changes in the education system, if need be
• To work as a team and to have a yearly plan
• To establish a forum through which parents can communicate their opinions and concerns regarding the college, to identify issues and possibly work towards a solution
• To establish a forum through which parents and teachers can exchange information and research in relation to education/welfare of children.
• Collaborate with the College management in improving the facilities in the College.
• Support the teachers and staff in organizing programmes for the welfare of the students
• To support teachers, and to work with them in delivering the curriculum
• To ensure equal participation by all parents
• To access any training available for parents and staff of the College from other sources
• To help raise funds for the College and the Parents Association, in consultation with the Principal and Board of Management
• To keep parents informed about activities planned for the College
What is NOT the role of the Parents Association?
• To get involved in individual complaints
• Day to day running of the college
• Appointment of teachers
• Carrying out activities without consultation with Principal and/or Board of Management
• Portraying the college, its staff, the Board of Management and pupils in a negative manner
• If any parent wish to volunteer for college events, or if you have suggestions or comments on the working of the PTA,
please feel free to contact any member of the PTA board or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Portraying the College, its staff, the Board of Management and pupils in a negative manner
• If any parent wish to volunteer for College events, or if you have suggestions or comments on the working of the PTA,
please feel free to contact any member of the PTA board or email pta@donboscoCollege.com